Sunday 26 August 2012

T minus six days and counting


Today it hit me hard that it is now less than a week until we go into the studio to record the vocals for the EP which will begin the final phase of the production. I am officially nervous. Mostly I'm nervous about the mastering process which is a week after the vocals, because that is really either the icing on the cake or the nail in the coffin. We'll have a bit under a week to get the vocals mixed nicely into the songs, so that is what worries me. I guess it's the first aspects that are out of my control so I just have to ride the rollercoaster and see what happens.

Things seem to be going pretty well though, in addition to the fact that I am about to release my first EP with the aim of sending it to record labels, the EP production has been funded by my family, friends and fans which is amazing. I've now had over 1000 plays of my tracks on my official Soundcloud as well, more than 400 of which were for the EP preview so that's pretty cool. I've also been invited to DJ a few events which is also really cool. I really want to start doing more of that and start getting my name out there a bit more.


So yeah, here I am sitting here thinking "Oh my god" over and over and over and over and over when what I should really be doing is going to sleep. I did some good final tweaks on a few of the songs today, I'm satisfied in saying that I think I have done 97% of what I can do - although I am hopefully getting some speakers soon and that could drastically reduce that number!I don't know what is going to happen with this EP now really. I guess I can take comfort in the fact that the worst case scenario is that I release an EP, send it out, people get to hold it and listen to it and I have a professional product that I'm enormously proud of! I should really just focus on that and enjoy the ride. I do enjoy it, I'm incredibly happy don't get me wrong, I just have trouble not stressing sometimes...



No comments:

Post a Comment