Tuesday 12 June 2012

It begins...

Hi everyone, and welcome to my blog!


Here I'll be mainly writing updates on my music production and my progress with my upcoming EP and whatever follows after, but I'll also be writing about various thoughts and interests - whatever pops up!


If you've stumbled on to my blog without any prior knowledge of who I am or what I do, my name is David van Dijk and I produce electronic music. I spent a while just messing around with various software to get a taste for the production side of things and felt myself getting more and more into it, until I reached a point where I knew that I really wanted to put my music 'out there' and hopefully one day be involved in some capacity with the music industry.

Where I'm at right now is an exciting time for me, I produced 5 songs that I'm very happy with and that work together well with a central idea, so I'm producing my first EP! It will be called 'Sunsets and Silhouettes'. I'm just adding the final touches and making the final tweaks to the songs, and then I'll be off to get them professionally mastered. After that, well... I guess you'll see!


So everything feels like it is coming together after a lot of time, effort and love for music! We launched my official facebook, Soundcloud, and YouTube pages in May and things are going well there, so I'm just working on building an online identity and profile to get some awareness for me and my music. I'd love to see lots of new people reading, watching and listening, and coming along for the ride, so stay tuned, get in touch, and thanks for the support!
- David

1 comment:

  1. Hey David..

    Listened to that preview of your new EP...sounds very good mate. Unique and fresh..plus who doesn't love trance.?

    Good luck with the release and I have subscribed to your pages there so I can stay in touch with the release and new stuff you come out with.

    Cheers

    Sab
    SJE Music
    My connections - :)
    My SoundCloud - http://www.soundcloud.com/sje-music
    My Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/SJEMusicOfficial
    My YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/sjagoe
    My Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/SabbyJEllis

    ReplyDelete