Saturday 30 June 2012

Decisions and Doubt

This is mostly unrelated to my music really, but I'm just sitting and thinking, back in my old room in the house I grew up in. I figured I might as well write these thoughts down, and then maybe they'll get someone else thinking, or help them make a decision, or perhaps just provide them with some light reading.

Life is crazy sometimes. It's something we all think, we all hear, we all experience throughout out lives. Sometimes it just feels like a rollercoaster ride, you'll be on top and you can see things mapped out before you, and then in the blink of an eye you're going down again, and it's always so much worse on the way down. I'd like to acknowledge that things could always be worse, but it's all relative and you have to deal with what you're dealt.

Personally, 2012 has been a pretty eventful part of that rollercoaster for me. It's involved one of the lower points and to be honest I found it pretty difficult to think about the future at times. Some days I felt like I wasn't going to be able to come out of it, but I did. Writing music helped, using it as inspiration let me have an outlet for what I was feeling. Going outside, trying new things, meeting new people. It all helps. What is important for people to know is that it does get better and you'll be ok in the long run - but you have to try. Talk to family, friends, anyone. Just don't let things build up within you as that can be pretty toxic. Surround yourself with those who you care about and who care about you.

It's easy to doubt yourself and the decisions you make, and perhaps let your feelings stop you from doing certain things. It is harder to find the courage to take a chance or make a change in your life, but sometimes you just need to take a deep breath and go for it. My family and my friends really helped me do this, and they'll help me do it again, but there is also something that I read that hit home, and I'd like to share it with you.
"This is your life. Do what you love, and do it often. If you don’t like something, change it. If you don’t like your job, quit. If you don’t have enough time, stop watching TV. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop; they will be waiting for you when you start doing things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. All emotions are beautiful. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Open your mind, arms, and heart to new things and people, we are united in our differences. Ask the next person you see what their passion is, and share your inspiring dream with them. Travel often; getting lost will help you find yourself. Some opportunities only come once; seize them. Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them, so go out and start creating. Live your dream, and wear your passion. Life is short."

Einstein also had a good one, he said to live in the moment and not worry about the future because it will come soon enough.

So I'm not sure what I set out to say, or whether I've said it. Either way, life is good - just be whoever you want to be and do whatever you want to do. I know I will. 

Love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment